Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Awesome story Robin....thank you so much!!!

What you are about to read warmed my heart. There are so many decent people out there who have no one to turn to and nowhere to go. What Robin and her son did for this man is priceless, yet he also gave them a gift to cherish as well. Thank you Robin for sharing this story with me and thank you all for the kindness that you such as Robin and her son, display every day toward the poor, oppressed and homeless in America.

Robin Laughlin Skelton September 8 at 10:15am


Hello Ron, i hope you dont mind my sharing something with you!!! I know you work with the homeless, as i and my son do..we help a local shelter, and gather blankets clothing and such, but i want to tell you about a certain gentleman i have come to know. The past 5 years there is a man that walks around with this "belongings" in a grocery cart, his name is Jerry, i first began giving him 10.00 at a time, as i knew he was not a drinker and would use it for food!!! My son and i run into him quite a bit and he knew that my son will be leaving for the Air force soon, well, the other day, i saw him and gave him what i promised..a Browns coat!!!!!!! It was always a little joke with us, as he, in the winter wore a steelers coat, and i told him "we cant have that"!! My son bought him the coat, and when we would see him next, we gave it! he was soooo happy, it warmes my heart to see his smile every time i see him, he is so grateful for everything, and never have i seen him beg!!!!
 
 
Robin Laughlin Skelton September 8 at 10:23am


Sorry this is so long..well i ran into him last night as i went to Walmart, he is sometimes laying in the grass field near there, and he saw me and motioned to me, so i drove up to him and got out..what he did, brought me to a very hard sobbing cry, he had used some of the money people give him, and bought my son and I a guardian angel pin, one for me as he says for helping him, and one for Robbie as he goes into the Air Force!!!!!! Ron, to say that warmed my heart in an understatement..this man is mentally challenged, and he lives on the streets, because he has a brother at home who beat him all the time, so this is his choice, i found this out from my friend and neighbor who is a deputy for the county, and they too, help him!!!! As i went to hug him like i always do, he stopped me, as he always does, and says i dont want to get you dirty!! That never bothered me!! I told him..give me a hug with a smile, and he smiled back and gave one. I let him know what that meant to me and my son..he told me he was sorry he made me cry!!! lol I let him know it was a good cry!!!! I had to share this with you, so i am sorry that it was so long!!!! Have a great day, Ron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment